6rd in NetBSD
Frank Kardel
2021-08-19 15:54:00 UTC
Hi !

We have 6to4 (stf) in NetBSD. We do not seem to have a 6rd interface

to support RFC 5969 (IPv6 Rapid Deployment on IPv4 Infrastructures (6rd))

Does anyone know of a suitable implementation (e.g. FreeBSD or OpenBSD?
yes - Linux has that since 2.6.x)

or do we need to adapt if_stf.c to support RFC 5969.

My prospective FTTH provider seems to use this to provide the
IPv6 network.

Comments or ideas?

Frank

--
Posted automagically by a mail2news gateway at muc.de e.V.
Please direct questions, flames, donations, etc. to news-***@muc.de
Jason Thorpe
2021-08-19 16:40:38 UTC
Post by Frank Kardel
Hi !
We have 6to4 (stf) in NetBSD. We do not seem to have a 6rd interface
to support RFC 5969 (IPv6 Rapid Deployment on IPv4 Infrastructures (6rd))
Does anyone know of a suitable implementation (e.g. FreeBSD or OpenBSD? yes - Linux has that since 2.6.x)
or do we need to adapt if_stf.c to support RFC 5969.
I haven't looked at other BSD systems yet, but the RFC took all of about 10 minutes to read and it looks like 6rd would be pretty trivial to add to any existing 6to4 implementation.

-- thorpej

Dave Huang
2021-08-19 12:13:26 UTC
Post by Frank Kardel
Does anyone know of a suitable implementation (e.g. FreeBSD or OpenBSD? yes -
Linux has that since 2.6.x)
or do we need to adapt if_stf.c to support RFC 5969.
I needed 6rd back in 2012, and found a patch for FreeBSD that was easy to
port to NetBSD. I'm sure NetBSD's code has changed a lot in 9 years, but
here's what worked for me back then:
https://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-net/2012/06/09/msg003347.html
--
Name: Dave Huang | Mammal, mammal / their names are called /
INet: ***@azeotrope.org | they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
| dolphin and dog / koala bear and hog -- TMBG
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 45 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++

Frank Kardel