filtering by mac address?
scole_mail
2021-07-18 16:19:14 UTC
Is there a way to do this in NetBSD?

I know it is not secure. I just wanted to block some spammy devices and
maybe block dhcp requests from particular devices on one of my machines.

Searching around the web, I see it can be done with linux/iptables,
freebsd/ipfw, and openbsd PF/bridge, and hoped it could be done some way
with NetBSD...

Thanks for any suggestions

--
Posted automagically by a mail2news gateway at muc.de e.V.
Please direct questions, flames, donations, etc. to news-***@muc.de
Greg Troxel
2021-07-18 18:57:06 UTC
In npf, I think one can write bpf expressions but I'm not sure the
full ethernet packet is available, vs only the IP address.

There is some ability to use ipfilter within bridge(4), but I'm not
clear on if one can do that with npf, or if one can filter on mac
address.